Our Black Flexible PVC Pipe, is commonly used for water gardening (ponds, waterfalls, fountains, etc.) drains, fish hatcheries, irrigation, farming and gardening, and other applications where the utilization of rigid pipe is either not practical or not desirable. Commonly referred to as pond hose, flex tubing, our black flexible PVC hose is strong and long lasting, as well as extremely flexible. The black color prevents sunlight penetration which reduces the ability for algae to grow, and makes it practically invisible underwater. The advantage to using black flexible PVC over rigid pipe is that it can be easily routed in any direction without the use of multiple fittings, which makes plumbing your pond, fountain or waterfall much simpler. It can be used in areas where space (for fittings) is limited and/or in situations that rigid pipe is difficult or impossible to work with. It is sunlight, ozone and mildew resistant. A rigid internal PVC spiral (helix) provides strength to resist crushing and impact issues, and this PVC pipe can be used for above-ground or under-ground installations (with proper cushioning). It can also be used as a conduit to run protected electrical, cable, phone or fiber optic lines and can also be used as a protective liner for softer hoses or tubes, or for smaller diameter hoses. It is much stronger than our non kink water garden pond hose, providing longer life, stronger connections and allowing it to be used in more applications. Trimming or cutting is much simpler than with rigid PVC pipe (it can be cut with PVC pipe cutters, a standard hack saw, a carpenters saw, etc.). With a precision controlled outside diameter, it can be easily glued using standard Schedule 40 plumbing fittings and any good, commercially available PVC glue (we recommend the Gorilla Brand cement) for flexible or rigid PVC. It eliminates back pressure caused by sharp turns created by multiple fittings, which increases the efficiency of your system
- Authentic HydroMaxx PVC Pipe from MaxxFlex will always have the MaxxFlex or HydroMaxx name on the pipe or be labeled as such.
- Includes free can of Hot Blue PVC Gorilla Glue. Works great in wet conditions such as pools, ponds, spas and water gardens.
- Our Flexible PVC Pipe is a true Schedule 40 (Sch 40) PVC Pipe that is meant to be used with Sch. 40 fittings. It contains rigid PVC spirals that provide additional flexibility and strength above and beyond other Flexible PVC Pipes on the market. Flexible PVC pipe can be used for direct burial or above ground use. It is UV resistant and will last for many years. Only use PVC Solvent Cements and allow adequate time for the PVC glue to cure.
- Our Flexible PVC Pipe is available in black or white, 1/2″ thru 3. Please see the technical chart to the left for ID and OD Measurements, Bend Ratios, Working Temperatures, Wall Thickness, etc….
- Take advantage of all of the benefits of Flexible PVC Pipe and plumb systems in a whole new way. Less connections and longer runs will save you countless hours of installation time and reduce the chances of leaks.